Friday, January 20, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments

Starting my 2017 in the hospital was not  bad at all. In fact, I thank for what happened to me. The surgery needs to be done soon anyway so I had no choice to delay it.

Anyway. The gallbladder and cyst surgery ware done on last Saturday in a hospital in South Jakarta by a specialist doctor surgery. I'm now in the first week of recovery and looking forward to go back to my normal activity although it will take time to recovery.

After knowing that I have gallstone I read a lot of information about the gallbladder disease. Surprisingly I find so many people experience with this disease.

I decided to write my experience before and after I have gallstone surgery on this blog. I'm thinking this might help those who looking for gallbladder information. But remember, everyone is different. What works for me it might not work for other people.

However, my life maybe change this year and maybe for the rest of my life. Yep, the surgery gives me a little different thought of lifestyle changing :).

Began with the symptoms

Everyone with Gallbladder disease has different symptoms and might not even at all. That's right.

My symptoms began in May 2016. One evening I felt pain on my chest. The pain increased and moved to my upper and lower back. I decided to go to emergency unit.

The symptoms became increase from once to twice a week and I had to be sent to a hospital most of the time.

My symptoms included chest pain, upper and lower back pain, nausea, vomiting.

When vomiting it has yellow color and bitter taste in my mouth. The vomit keep coming several times together with other symptoms.

I remember first time I was sent to hospital with these symptoms the doctor did the urine test that eventually came up with the positive result: I was pregnant. But then I find it was just from the effect of the chemistry from the triggered shoots that I had two days before.

The very long way process of gallstone analysis

The symptoms came back again anyway. On the second time, I changed the hospital. With just a very quick check the doctor straight away analysed my symptoms as gastric acid. He gave me a lot of medicine. I was fine for two weeks but the pains came back again.

I came back to the same doctor and he suggested me to have the endescopy test and I did it. The results came back with everything normal except for mild fatty liver and gastric acid according to the doctor. He said I was fine and can be treated in two months. More medicines were prescribed for me.

The symptoms kept coming, in fact too often. 

I changed my doctor but with the same hospital. Again, the new doctor had the same opinion (that it was only gastric acid that cause me pain), but this time he suggested me to have the ultrasound. I had the ultrasound but again, the result came back normal. "Nothing to worry about" said the doctor.

After few months I got frustrated from the pain and not knowing what illness I had. They had also done the blood tests for me so many times but none were satisfying with the outcomes.

Tired of going to hospital all the time without knowing what it was, husband and I decided to go to Singapore instead for the check up. We chose Mount Elizabeth Hospital.

I made appointment to meet a specialist for gastric acid in this hospital. The appointment was arranged by HCM Medika in Jakarta. The lady was very helpful with the information about the hospitals in Singapore. She also gave the detail if each hospital and estimation cost. 

I highly recommend her if you plan for medical trip to Singapore. Here is the contact numbers for HCM Medika (+62) 813-2025-2525.

Medical trip to Singapore
First day in Singapore was just relaxing. I had the appointment on the following day. Appointment was made around 11am so I had a lot of time to hang around in Singapore.

What I love most from Singapore is it has good public transportations that fast and always on time, and for that nobody needs to worry about being late.

My first impression with the doctor that I met in Mount Elizabeth Hospital was I loved him straight away. He asked me in details any information relating to my illness. Our meeting was done approximately over half hour.

Based on my information and the medical records from Jakarta, he finally told me that I might have gallstone but to prove it I need to have blood test and ultrasound.

So I had my first ultrasound test for the first time in Singapore.

We were back on the following with the 'good' result. Husband and I were "happy" for the outcomes. Well, I mean this what I need for - we know what cause the pains.

They eventually found multiple stones in my gallbladder and a small cyst on my liver. I'm not sure if the cyst cause me the pain though.

As soon as they find out the result the doctor suggest me to have a surgery. These multiple stones in my gallbladder could do damage to my other organs if not taken out soon. The stones can be pushed out anytime and moving to liver and that would add more health problems.

So I was arranged for another doctor straight away that day for a specialist surgery.

The surgery doctor explained to us briefly about gallstone, the cause, symptoms and the risk if I keep it for too long. He also showed us different type of stones from the previous patients that he had surgery.
We, specially me got a lot of knowledge that day about the gallstone from doctors in Singapore.

The only thing they didn't know what types of the stones in my gallbladder.

JKT, 20012017-17.57


Nice saying shows your character but that doesn't mean you can criticize. You can still do both in nice and polite way.

Blogger since 2008, writing with a fresh perspective.

Twitter Feeds